September 7, 2019 (2-9pm)
RAIN OR SHINE !!!
Join the Friends of the Gatineau River (FOG) in celebrating our beautiful river! There will be a host of summer activities for the whole family:
– Flotilla down the Gatineau River from Wakefield to Farm Point
– Live music, drumming circle, paddling demonstrations
– Kids Zone games and crafts, bonfire
– Eco fair and market including a variety of food and drinks
Schedule of events:
12:30 – 14:00 Vessel drop off in Wakefield, parking, shuttle and registration
14:00 – 15:30 Flotilla (registration required)
15:30 – 17:00 The Log Drivers (musical cover band)
16:00 – 16:20 Canoe Ballet with Becky Mason
17:00 – 18:00 African drumming circle with Derek Debeer
18:00 – 20:00 The Rotators (reggae party)
20:00 – 21:00 Bon fire with music jam
Registration for the Flotilla is required and can be done in advance online (recommended, price = $11.17/person) at: http://gatineauriverfest.eventbrite.ca/ or between 12:30pm and 1:30pm at the event (price = $15/person).
Document with event information and maps (parking, shuttle pick-up and drop off points).
Don’t have a water craft?
1) Jump into one of the dragon boats by adding this option in the registration
2) We have partnered with Expéditions Wakefield so that you may rent a canoe, kayak or paddle board. You may reserve online at www.expeditionswakefield.com/book-now or by phone at 819-459-2225.
See you soon!
This is a fundraiser for FOG. Help us by getting involved in the event ? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org