Gatineau River Network Meeting
May 15th, 2019 (7:00pm – 9:30pm)
Friends of the Gatineau, (FOG) invites all interested and passionate river people to participate in its Gatineau River Network Meeting to be held on Wednesday, May 15th at the Farm Point Community Center, 331 de la Rivière, Chelsea, from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
Our objective is to bring river stakeholders together to look at important river-health issues and to work towards a common vision for the Gatineau River into the future.
This year’s meeting will feature a panel entitled Working Together to Protect the Gatineau River including:
– Caryl Green, Mayor of Chelsea
– Guillaume Lamoureux , Mayor of La Pêche
– Madeleine Brunette, Mayor of Cantley (or designate)
– Pascal Samson, Biologist from Agence Bassin-Versant 7
The panel will cover topics including:
– threats and risks to the health of our jewel Gatineau River that runs through our community;
-the role of key stakeholders in protecting and managing the river;
– vision/ planned activities for the Gatineau River shoreline development and water quality
– best practices to keep our river safe
It promises to be an exciting and informative panel with opportunity for audience participation.
The meeting will also focus on the new FOG strategic plan with the objective to grow our network of volunteers and engage supporters of FOG in our expanded activities planned for 2019.
Please mark your calendars as FOG looks forward to having you take part in the meeting on May 15th !